WEST HAVERSTRAW, N.Y. -- Helen Hayes Hospital in West Haverstraw is about to kick off its Spring Adapted Sports Season with a variety of events.
The following is offered:
- Adapted Bowling Friday, April 8, 2;30, Hi Tor Lanes, West Haverstraw
- Adapted Sports Recreation & Living Expo, April 9, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Helen Hayes Hospital (no registration).
- Hand cycling, April 26, May 12, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Rockland Lake State Park, Congers
- Golf Ability, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 4 to 6 p.m., Driving Range, West Haverstraw
- Adapted Sailing Clinic, May 20, 11:30 to 4 p.m., Nyack Boat Club, Nyack
- Adapted Gardening with Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners, May 21, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Helen Hayes Hospital.
- Yoga Wednesdays, 12:05-12:50 p.m., Four-week session all year, Helen Hayes Hospital.
- Softball Wednesday, June 8, 5 to 7:30 p.m., Helen Hayes Hospital.
- Rowing Outdoor Clinic, June 11, 8 to 11 a.m., Rockland Lake State Park, Congers
- Fishing Saturday, June 25, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lake Hessian, Bear Mountain State Park, Harriman.
Lunch and equipment will be provided.
The Adapted Sports and Recreation Program at the hospital is a four-season program that provides access to and education about adaptive sports and recreation activities for individuals of a wide range of abilities.
The program is open to both former patients of the hospital as well as individuals with disabilities living in the community.
Pre-registration is required for all activities by contacting Adapted Sports and Recreation Coordinator Matthew Castelluccio at (845) 786-4950 or email email@example.com
Helen Hayes Hospital is located at 51-55 Route 9W, West Haverstraw, N.Y.