TOMKINS COVE, N.Y. -- The Bear Mountain Oktoberfest has begun, and it's being held at the Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, on Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 30.
The menu includes pork -- with red cabbage and potato salad, knockwurst, bratwurst and more; a variety of beer; and wine, cider and non-alcoholic beverages. All the food and beverages stations accept cash and credit this year.
The festival also includes craft vendors and live music. Admission is free, aside from the $10-per-vehicle parking fee.
There is also a "VIP Experience Package," at $100 per person, which includes access to the VIP tent, unlimited food and beer, and a 2016 Oktoberfest stein and t-shirt.
Here's a portion of the upcoming band schedule -- view the full schedule here :
- Saturday, Sept. 17 -- Breidenbach
- Sunday, Sept. 18 -- Fritz’s Polka Band
- Saturday, Sept. 24 -- Joe Weber Band
- Sunday, Sept. 25 -- Spitze, with performers from Disney's Epcot
- Saturday, Oct. 1 -- Alpine Squeeze
- Sunday, Oct. 2 -- Austrian Boys
Oktoberfest runs from noon to 6 p.m. on each scheduled day, and the live music runs from 12:30-5:30. Call the Bear Mountain Inn at 845-786-2731 with any questions.