HAVERSTRAW, N.Y. -- Foodies will want to head for Haverstraw on Sunday, Oct. 16 during "A Taste of Haverstraw," to check out the diverse culinary options offered throughout the downtown area during a "food crawl," featuring small plates and samplings.
Sponsored by Haverstraw RiverArts and the Village of Haverstraw, the event will run from 2 to 6 p.m. at 18 of the area's finest restaurants including:
- 5 Senses Food Truck (Puerto Rican fusion)
- Union Restaurant (French and Latin fusion)
- Las Brisas (Dominican)
- La Cascada (Ecuadorean)
- Empanadas Monumental (Dominican)
- Taco Marianitas (Authentic Mexican)
- Lucas Candies (homemade chocolate and candy), celebrating their 120th anniversary.
- New this year, is Bella Sophia Sugar Crafts - a cake and dessert parlor and coffees.
Prices range from $3 - $6 per small plate.
In addition to food, visitors can also enjoy music throughout the area.
The food crawl begins at 5 Senses Food Truck. The group will meet in the parking lot of Sterling Bank at 38 New Main St. at 2 p.m.
There is plenty of parking in the lot at the food truck and across Village Hall at 40 New Main St. From there, the group will walk with official food crawl tour guides or venture on their own if they choose.