ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Rockland County.
- Rockland County Executive Ed Day has spent two years in office trying to get the county's financial affairs in order .
- The new makeup of the Rockland Legislature is now 10-7, in favor of the Democrats . Louis Falco also retained his post as County Sheriff
- In a surprise upset, Republican Councilman George Hoehmann unseated long-term Democratic incumbent Clarkstown Supervisor Alex Gromack.
- A Rockland County man allegedly punched a Mahwah service station manager, then was grabbed by police as he tried to d uck out of a nearby McDonalds with 124 folds of heroin in his pockets .
- Jurors in Hackensack on Thursday afternoon convicted a Saddle Brook man of vehicular homicide for a road rage crash.
- Twenty-five Rockland County restaurants are rolling out special three-course prix fixe menus during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week .
- A Spring Valley woman was indicted on burglary charges .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.