STONY POINT, N.Y. -- The Stony Point Historical Society invites the town to celebrate the reopening of the Pyngyp One-Room Schoolhouse on Sunday.
The original schoolhouse was opened in 1812 and served the community, in one form or another, until 1945, when the district outgrew the space.
The schoolhouse was added to the New York State Register of Historic Places in November 2011 and to the National Register of Historic Places in January 2012.
The celebration of the renovated space takes place from 1-4 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.