ROCKLAND COUNTY, N.Y. -- In a strange twist of fate, a man who was found dead floating in the Ramapo River off Waldron Terrace on Tuesday, had tried to escape from police in the same river, close to the same spot, in 2015. Click here to read the story.
In other news this past week (Click on the link to read entire story):
- Five Rockland high schools cracked the Top 100 among tops in the state in new rankings released this week by the education website niche.com.
- Peter Mason doesn't have kids with food allergies, but he knows plenty folks who do. Which is why, when he opened Southbound BBQ , he was adamant the entire menu be peanut and nut-free.
- A Suffern man is behind bars after getting into an argument with an employee at the Dunkin´Donuts on Lafayette Avenue on Saturday and then kicking a door, police said.
- The Hudson Valley is well-represented in newly released rankings of the richest places in each of New York's 62 counties.
- A stretch of Route 9W in Rockland County is getting a multi-million dollar facelift courtesy of the New York State Department of Transportation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.